Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Latest Ginger/Laurie Project


My friend Ginger and I decided a month or so ago that we would make shadowboxes as our next project.  I was coming to Indy for a visit in July, so we set that as the date for them to be completed.  Ginger had purchased a chipboard shadowbox at a craft store, but I had purchased this old wooden one at one of the craft shows I went to last year and had not done anything with it.

Here is the finished project.  I backed each little cubby with a different paper then glued in various new and vintage elements.  There is really no particular theme, but I just tried to keep the overall composition harmonious.

We going to start working on a Halloween themed shadowbox, so I've been trolling the internet looking for vintage letterpress trays.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your project! It's beautiful. I'm also working on our Halloween project. I've been printing and cutting-how exciting is that!

    ReplyDelete