Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Please get me out of here!!!!!!!!


This is my gate at the Washington DC airport where I spent most of yesterday trying to get home from my Indiana visit.  Here's how it went down:

1.  Original flight leaving Indy at 9:34 AM - canceled at 7:30 AM
2.  Rebooked flight through Washington DC leaving Indy at 11:10 AM
3.  Flight out of DC to leave for Albany at 3:05 PM, then 3:30 PM, then 4:00 PM, then 4:30 PM and finally pulled away from the gate about 4:45.
4.  Plane taxis to the runway then stops.  Pilot says we can't go because of weather in our flight path.  We sit on the airplane for 2 hours 30 minutes.
5.  Plane taxies back to gate as they can't keep us on any longer than 3 hours or have to pay a fine of $75,000 per person.  On the way back to the gate, flight is canceled.
6.  Rebook another flight to Albany leaving at 10:00 PM.
7.  Eat dinner at the same restaurant where I had lunch.  Drank a BIG glass of wine.
8.  At 9:40 we board plane for Albany.  Plane leaves gate at 10:20 and taxies what seems like miles.  I'm thinking now we are just going to drive to Albany.
9.  Pilot stops plane and says we have to wait - weather again.  So we taxi back towards terminal.  I look out the window and see gate 38 go by - that's where we started.
10.  Finally get clearance to go and take off at 10:50 PM.
11.  Arrive in Albany at midnight.  Luggage has made it - eureka!
12.  Take shuttle bus to economy parking lot, get in my car, drive 1 hour 45 minutes to Sharon.
13.  Arrive Sharon at 2 AM.
14.  Lesson:  I should have driven home.  I would have gotten here faster and with lower blood pressure.

1 comment:

  1. If you had drove home, you'd wouldn't of been able to have that BIG glass of wine. You should of called, I'd of come and kept you company. So sorry-long day huh?

    ReplyDelete